Updated: Friday, June 15, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to feel pretty



You know, its not easy being Nick Saban. Sure, I just signed another big contract to coach some football. Sure, I love my new home in Alabama. But, you know what? Sometimes after the endless late night film sessions, grueling practices, ritual sacrifices, and recruiting trips, I just want to get away from it all, you know? Being a coach is great, but every now and again, I just need to feel like a man.

Not too many people know this about me, but lots of times, I like to do up the house real nice while Terry's asleep. Early in the mornings, I'll trudge in from a late night of breaking down personnel matchups, and the only thing I'll have on my mind is touching up the window treatments in our sitting parlor. Give those darlings a nice swiffering, make sure everything's "just so," and then I'll just sit back for a second and take it all in. Hell, half the time I'm just rearranging the furniture in my mind. We could really use more talking space opening up from the alcove, and I know she loves the robin's egg accents around the crown moldings, but I just think its all too brassy for my tastes. I would go with a nice, tasteful eggplant base with maybe the faintest tope piping. That would so bring out the subtle rose in the upholstery. Sigh.

A nice warm neutral would really make this cozy. Don't you think?

Its like our bathroom, right? We've got one of those nice sunken jacuzzi tubs with nice little solarium to the south wall. Nothing feels better after a long road trip than drawing a nice bubble bath while setting up some relaxing votive candles. I turn on some soothing Il Divo and all of my worries just melt away. Sorry, Auburn, but even you're no match for those guys. They sing like angels, I tell you. Wow. I could go on and on about them, but take it from me, they are just spectacular. Anyway, if I had my way, I'd redo the entire linen closet, bring in some clean new elfa storage (LOVE these!), and even tuck the stereo system in there to keep it all discreet. Oh! and what I wouldn't kill for some nice towels in there! Just because the soaps cheap at Sam's Club doesn't mean the towels are a bargain. I mean, they're a bargain...but that thread count! Ick!
If only my secondary had half the heart of Il Divo!

At least I get my way in the kitchen. The range out back is great for entertaining, and it's so easy to clean, but I'll tell you, my favoritest little toy in the whole setup is my ravioli crimper. That thing can make a late night snack out of anything! Just now, I'm getting ready to turn in, and nothing helps me pore over the day's reports than using that doodad to make some apple turnovers. A little pastry, some nice fresh filling, a touch of anise for some snap, and wham, brown them up in no time. Gosh, if only it wasn't so cluttered in here...but that's another story. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get my eight hours.


Another day, another turnover.

Nick Saban is a former BCS champion. He also celebrates Josh Groban's entire catalog.

7 comments

7 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Epic.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Astronaut Mike Dexter said...

Imagining it being read in Saban's voice just makes the whole experience even better.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Papa said...

Sweet!. The decorator's touch just can't be missed. Woe be unto the houseguest who gets the hand towels out of balance in the bathroom, ala "Sleepng with the Enemy".

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

know how i know Saban or mebbe you is ghey?? TMI about decorating LMAO...you gotta be married bro, but hilarious nonetheless

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Alabama Crimson Tide are showing lots of pride in their team right now.
They are paying their new coach Nick Saben more than any other coach in the nation.
And they had over 92,000 fans show up for their spring game this year.

5:20 PM  
Blogger irishoutsider said...

And? Just because he draws a crowd doesn't mean he has to wear Alabama wraparounds.

http://www.sportsfantreasures.com/alabama.htm

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing feeling pretty in the big house will not be to Saban's advantage

AP-Tuscaloosa

Authorities arrested Alabama head coach Nick Saban in the predawn
hours Monday at his home in Tuscaloosa on animal cruelty charges. Saban,
56, was charged with 85 counts of animal cruelty in an alleged attack
which occurred Saturday night in Athens, Georgia.

Police said that as many as 92,138 witnesses saw Saban and a large group of violent young men under his control hit, kick, crush and destroy a large pack of mostly-docile bulldogs. One officer was quoted as saying, "I haven't seen bulldogs treated this badly since the Michael Vick case."

Story is still developing.......

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home