Updated: Thursday, July 13, 2006

Need help planning? Just say the word!



Hello, everyone, it seems that the details of my wedding have come out. Sure, they have been public for a few months now, but I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in the college football world reading Manhattan Bride. Anyway, now that those guys down at EDSBS have broken the story to the male side of fandom, I've decided to share my event planning talents with the rest of you.


The perfect pregame mood music. I'm a big fan of Sussudio myself.


Tailgating season is just around the corner, so here's a few tips to class up any get together:
  • First things first: wine pairings. No matter what's cooking on the grill, the right vintage is a must.
  • Proper service. When I'm dealing with hordes of unwashed masses mooching off of me, I prefer to have them deal driectly with the help.
  • Solid theming. Early in the year, I like to keep it light with fingerfoods and tea sandwiches, then move onto traditonal German harvest festival fare come autumn.
  • Music. A nice mix of adult contemporary rock and some old classics are sure to keep your guests in good spirits without overpowering conversations. I reccommend Bryan Adams, Phil Collins, and Rush.
  • Last but not least, remember to keep the brandy at room temperature. You don't want it too hot for those post game nips.
Just follow these simple guidelines at your next tailgate, and you'll have all your guests talking. I really should get going however, I have a lot of errands to run. It's quite the busy Friday. I have to hit Bed Bath and Beyond, then Linens and Things, and the wife wants me to hit Crate and Barrel on the way home, but I don't know if I'll have the time.

Chris Fowler can be seen on College Gameday. He is currently all about IKEA.

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home