Updated: Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Challenges accepted

Ok, I just had to get my first real dose of the 2006 season. Thank you, internet, for all of your Irish press conference splendor.


The chaos of college football humor, in motorcycle form.


The wheels are starting to turn all around the college football blogosphere, which I believe would resemble Ringling Bros. Circus' "Globe of Death" if ever constructed. There are plenty of interesting diversions to keep us all busy during these final days of the offseason.

Orson Swindle has dropped the preseason gauntlet and unveiled EDSBS' top 10 (11-25 coming soon). He's placing Notre Dame and Florida in the teens in a logical "you have to show me" move striaght out of Herbie's playbook. Like Trev said a few weeks back, any moron can top a ten, but the guys are savvy in their pre-season jinxing and tempered expectations.

Off the top of my head, here's my crack at the preseason top ten:
  1. Ohio State
  2. Texas
  3. USC
  4. Notre Dame
  5. West Virginia
  6. Auburn
  7. LSU
  8. Cal
  9. Florida
  10. Miami of Florida
It's as unscientific as most preseason guesses, there's some scheduling bias and a hell of a lot of momentum. Miami is in for the "2 teams from Florida" rule, and the Trojans are ahead of the Irish for karma purposes and the very real fact that, while my confidence is improved, I still need to see the defense at full speed.

But enough of that nonsense, and on to the real competition this fall, The Andy French Cup! Fightinamish over at The House Rock Built has created a voicemail (and Skype) account for the sole purpose of capturing college football's greatest rants. He's raised the bar for us all, and I guarantee you this site is up to the challenge. I'm not guaranteeing victory per se, but alcohol, cell phones, and college football are involved.

It's On.




-irishoutsider

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home