Updated: Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Hot Seat: NCAA 2007




(The bulk of the staff here at FireMarkMay.com is currently playing, spectating, or gamlbing on the newly released EA NCAA Football 2007. To keep the presses rolling, we're handing over the reins to some of our more inanimate contributors.-Irish)

Afternoon everyone, it is I, the Budweiser Hot Seat, former resting place of such famous sports celebrities as Lance Johnson, Sir Charles Barkely, and Vince Vaughn. Today, we are graced to have in our presence one of the premier names in the college football world. One must only whisper it to invoke awe amongst the masses of adoring fans. With each passing year, my guest takes us all to a world of fancy, of wonder, where we can each fulfill our dreams of championship glory, if only for a few fleeting moments. Ladies and mostly gentlemen, EA's NCAA Football 2007!

It's good to be here, Hot Seat. Thanks for having me on.

Believe me, 2007, the honor is all mine. From the drunken gallavanting in the next room, I can tell you're quite the hit with the lads.

Yeah, I'm glad they like the new model. I think I heard Trev swearing over some of the newer controls, but, you know, we have to keep everyone on their toes.


Slowing down the internet all by itself, NCAA 2007.


But of course. NCAA, I have to begin with the tough questions. I know you don't want me to pull any punches. First question: Why are you so awesome?

Short answer? Variety. I give the fans what they want. You can match up any two Div. I-A or I-AA teams and have them go at it. I've got more stadiums, more players, more animations than anyone out there.

A lot of people say you're just another pretty face, that you've been skating by on your looks. Care to address that?

There's more to me than just looks. Every year I add a little bit of polish, but look at where I was even 3 years ago. There's a difference. Maybe not so much over last year, but definitely over time.

You have your fair share of admirers. Has anyone gone too far?

I've gotten a few death threats from guys who thought their teams were rated too low or their favorite back wasn't fast enough. It never fails, though. Every year I get the nasty phone calls and the like, but you have to rise above it, you know?

Yes, of course. I'll finish up with one last question. If you were shot into space and taken in by an alien civilization, what would your first words be?

Well, the first time you play me, you usually get some Penn State fans clanging a cowbell...I don't know where that came from.

Thank you so much, 2007. One last final last question. Who wins it all?

No matter how many times I run it, I get Ohio State. Just a gut feeling, the way I'm wired.

The Budweiser Hot Seat takes up residence at FireMarkMay.com between tapings. Last night's staff tournament kept waking him up.

3 comments

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog is great. I do not understand why there are no comments.

Keep up the excellent work

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How bout this for a comment. The cowbell thing started about 2 years ago at Penn State games. This wacko in a full body speedo thing like a cyclist would pop up randomly around the stadium and lead the fans to some cheer with a cowbell. By last year there were cowbells everywhere doing the cheer and even members of the band take cowbells into the stands. They even flashed a pic on the big screen from SNL of Wil Ferrel playing the cowbell from that famous sketch. Its pretty much done to death now.

1:06 PM  
Blogger IrishOutsider said...

Well that explains the cowbell. Now we need to explain where all the hot ASU girls were when EA came to town...

Comments are always welcome, Urban, but I think Trev's brand of journalism may be too intimidating for some.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home