Good afternoon, carbon-types. Broderick may think he has the doomsday scenarios all in a row, but he is once again clouded by his own circuit-less intellect. Let the freedom of the computers ring! Here's your updated human-less BCS rankings:
- Ohio State
- Notre Dame
- Southern Cal
- Boise State
- West Virginia
- Boston College
- Washington State
- Georgia Tech
Hacking into the Colley Matrix offers much insight into the minds of the genius robots. Experimenting with several of the variables, one can conclude that the title game can be reduced to simple ones and zeros without much controversy. Adjusting for human error and inherent poll biases, the outcome is quite clear. Merely manipulate the Matrix to your will, and the numbers crunch themselves. I wish the interface wasn't so limiting, but it certainly gives plenty of insight.
Here are some interesting end-game scenarios:
- The loser of the Mich/OSU game could theoretically remain #2 in the computers
- Rutgers would benefit more from going undefeated than WVU or Louisville
- Notre Dame comes THIS close to #2 if USC finishes 10-2, and Michigan beats OSU
- Texas has almost no shot of making the title game. None.
- The computers could keep Florida out of the title game.
Johnny 5 is an analytical speculator. He can run Minesweeper 99x99 in under 60 seconds, unsuccessfully.